TRO Motherlode Rollups

EasyLanguage and other code for TradeStation
progster

TRO Motherlode Rollups

Postby progster » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:54 pm

As one builds a larger library of TradeStation code, it becomes necessary for "Good Housekeeping" to start to manage "packages" rather than just "techniques". TradeStation does not provide much support for package management, but by using naming conventions, modification dates, and Macro Express automation to ease the re-verification burden, it is possible to do a fairly decent job of defining EL "packages" that are demarcated by the leading portion of the technique name combined with modification date/times that fall in a narrow range.

One of the largest available free code collections for TradeStation is the code written by TRO (The Rumpled One). TRO posts his code to Kreslik.com in the form of "motherlodes". A motherlode typically consists of the most recent month or so of TRO's work. There are over 20 motherlodes available here .

As an outgrowth of my own EL library management efforts, I have taken what I consider the "modern" MLs and created a rollup .ELD file up thru the 200708 ML. I have imported the MLs, keeping the most recent version of each TRO technique (_SMAA, _SM, _TRO, _SHME) , and then made a small number of edits to ensure that all the non-ELX, non-built-in called functions are named _f<etc.>. I have reverified the entire collection (11/14/2007) and re-exported it to the attached .ELD file.

Other than the non-logic-affecting edits mentioned above, this is TRO's exact code from the MLs, all logically named and dated to allow easy import, export, and deletion as a group. All the "non-logical" extras have been eliminated.

I offer this rollup here, with the appropriate blessings (by TRO and MK), for those who might have use for this sort of package-based organization. Keep in mind that Kreslik.com is TRO's "home", and that's where his new work will appear, and where you can expect him to be available to respond to your questions and commentary.

Enjoy!

Note, this rollup has been removed in favor of a later rollup with more techniques which appears later in this thread.

TheRumpledOne

Re: TRO Motherlode Rollups

Postby TheRumpledOne » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:46 am

You are missing a bunch of my indicators in the ROLL UP!!
IT IS NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT IS HOW YOU TRADE IT!

You are on the internet - If you (google) search for it, you'll probably find it.

progster

Re: TRO Motherlode Rollups

Postby progster » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:11 pm

I know that any new indicators since last August are not included (there is no ML for them yet), and I did not go all the way back into the deepest past either.

If you post a new ML for the recent work on Kreslik, I'll incorporate it.

Or, if there is specific work older work you'd like me to add in, please email me a .ELD and I'll add that work (so long as the names are compatible).

Finally, I don't know if you have the sort of "EL overload" issues that I have, but if so, you might even find this rollup helpful in getting your personal EL library into a more highly organized state. We can coordinate on how to do this if you care to.

Cheers!

progster

Updated TRO ML Rollup

Postby progster » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Attached to this post is an updated TRO Motherlode Rollup. This rollup includes the 2007 Sep - Nov ML.

These are the included files:

TRO_Combo_01.gif

TRO_Combo_02.gif

TRO_Combo_03.gif

The files from the latest ML have been assigned a Modification Date of 20080208.
The files from earlier MLs have been assigned a Modification Date of 20071114.
Since all the TRO files are found in exactly two date-range-blocks, it is easy to find them, or remove them en-masse if desired for EL library performance reasons. Whenever needed, the files, or any subset of them, can be easily reloaded from the Rollup.

Also, observe that all the names are very consistent, with just a few prefixes in use. This minimizes any filename conflicts or confusion with non-TRO techniques.

This rollup does not include every file ever found in a TRO ML, but is intended to be a comprehensive, clearly named and date-stamped collection of TRO's own code.

This Rollup was exported from TS 8.1 3264, and should load successfully in that version and all subsequent versions of TS.

To the extent there is other original TRO work not yet included here, I will be happy to incorporate it in the "next edition" if it is provided or pointed out to me, and if it is reasonably straightforward to do so.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “TradeStation Code”